Land of the Toothless One
Dwaman Acolyte of Life
|Initiative: 2D||Stamina: 5D||Wounds: 6||Character Points: 5|
Attributes and Skills
|Resist Mind Attacks||Resist Shock|
|Etiquette||Charge Symbol||Follow Tracks||2D+1|
|Law and Justice||Use Scroll||Reveal Illusion|
|Local Lore||Spot Detail|
|Con||Ceremonies – Important||Lift|
|Flirting||Ceremonies – Healing||Jump|
|Sense Healing Magic|
Tennants of Faith
- Your hands shall not spill life’s fire.
- You shall show compassion to all.
- Your hands shall heal without prejudice.
- You shall not condone violence unless it is in self defence or in the defence of others.
- You will give sanctuary to those that request it.
- You shall take glory in the first light of day.
- You will show penance when committing a wrong.
- You shall resolve disputes peacefully and fairly.
- You shall endeavour to maintain cleanliness.
- Feast of Life is held on the first day of Spring.
- Ceremonies of Life are held every fifth day after the Feast of Life during the three months of Spring.
- Feast of Growth is held on the first day of Summer.
- Ceremonies of Growth are held every tenth day after the Feast of Growth during the three months of Summer.
- Feast of the Harvest is held on the twentieth day of Mid-Autumn.
Freyja is the daughter of a human dad and Dwarven mother. In her infant years, the family resided in the human settlements but over time, Freyja’s mother grew more and more ill-at-ease with the mocking remarks made by the humans. Though they weren’t malicious and generally said in-good humour, it was still too much for Freyja’s mother and the legendary Dwarven lack-of-humour.
So, with her daughter in tow, Freyja’s mother returned to the Dwarven lands to raise her child there. Freyja grew to a huge 5’2" making her one of the tallest Dwarves. Several craftsmen tried to teach the rudimentary skills of various crafts but Freyja didn’t take to them as a full-blood Dwarf would. Instead, she found a certain degree of comfort in helping others when they were ill and attempting to heal them.
It was a fortuitous that a couple of years ago, a travelling healer happened to pass through the Dwarven settlements. She took some time out to spend with the young Freyja, teaching her the basic skills of healing and what it means to be an Acolyte of Life. Gaining confidence in her abilities, Freyja made the decision to leave the Dwarves and travel the lands, offering help and aid like her mentor.
It was while travelling, that she first encountered the Drifter, Mason. He seemed to have a major gripe against the world and his selfish nature would put many off. However, Freyja took up the challenge to try to reform him.
Soon the pair found themselves in the village of Greystones where they over-wintered and struck a friendship with the Bard and the Witcher. With the coming of Spring and itching of feet to depart, the small band of friends started a life of adventuring and soon encountered like-minded spirits in the Beastmaster and the Scout who had just arrived in the village.